Local Winnebago or Ho-Chunk people have spoken of a “depressed hamlet of rock lean-tos” beneath Rock Lake ever since the mid-1830s, when the majority of pioneers arrived in the southern region of Wisconsin between what is now Milwaukee and the legislative capital at Madison.
Their story was dismissed as a simple Indian fable until two duck trackers peered over the side of their boat during a dry spell at the start of the twentieth century.
In the depths of Rock Lake, they came to a huge, dismal pyramidal building. The covered development has subsequently become a topic of controversy due to the underlying permeability that was assisted by pollutants dissolving.
The first person to see Rock Lake from above was Dr. Fayette Morgan, a nearby dentistry specialist and pioneering civilian pilot in Wisconsin, on April 11, 1936. He could see the dim states of two rectangular structures on the lower portion of the lake near its center from the open cockpit of his thin biplane, which was circling at 500 feet.
He made multiple passes and saw both their regular shapes and their tremendous size, which he calculated to be greater than 100 feet each. Dr. Morgan came to refuel and hurried home to get his camera, then he hurried out to take pictures of the imprinted items. The descending markers had disappeared into the late-afternoon light as he crossed the lake to come back.
They were impossible to capture on camera or even locate from the air until 1940, when a local pilot named Armand Vandre and an observer in the rear cockpit named Elmer Wollin uncovered them.
In any case, when their single-motor aircraft banked over the south end of the lake at less than 1,000 feet, they were startled by an unexpected sight. A massive, perfectly focused triangle structure, pointing directly north, was positioned underneath them in twenty feet of water. A few of the black circles remained clustered together at the top.
There might be 10 distinct designs hidden beneath the surface of Rock Lake. Using skin jumpers and sonar, two of them were constructed and captured on camera. Although just around 10 feet of Limnatis Pyramid No. 1 are above the silty sludge, it has a base width of 60 feet, a length of 100 feet, and a height of 18 feet.
It is a thin pyramid made primarily of rounded, dark stones. The stones are square on the top that has been cut off. It is possible to observe the mortar coating’s remains. Each of the corresponding sides of the delta was thought to be 300 feet long, according to Vandre and Wollin. A tiny, thickly forested island, about 1,500 feet long and 400 feet wide, stood to the upper east of the triangle.
Even more impressive was a straight line that submerged from the southern coast to the summit of the covered delta. Local geologist Lloyd Hornbostel thought the line was the remains of a vast stone river that had once connected Rock Lake to Aztalan, three miles distant, when Frank Joseph told him about the observation.
The Sun and Moon Pyramids, two earth sanctuary hills, are now partially enclosed by Aztalan, a 21-section land archeological park, which also has a barred barrier. The stylized focus reached its height in the late thirteenth century and was twice as strong. It had a ternion of pyramidal earthworks enclosed by three circular separators with lookouts that were afterwards finished with wooden sanctuaries.
According to scholarly research, Aztalan was a part of the Upper Mississippian Culture, which flourished in its last phase beginning around 1,100 AD and spreading throughout the American South. Its most well-established known roots were discovered in the third century BC.
Twenty thousand people resided there at its peak, on both sides of the line. They were acting on the recommendations of astronomer clerics who had successfully altered their pyramids to estimate a few cosmic occurrences, including the winter solstice, moon phases, and Venus regions.
The Aztalaners mysteriously put a match to their city in the year 1320, causing the fire to overrun the city’s walls. Long-standing Winnebago oral tradition claims that they moved far south. They left in great numbers when the Aztec state unexpectedly advanced in the Valley of Mexico.
“The finding of lowered structures there may foretell a far bigger one to come,” the author claims, “when we ultimately focus our investigation under the ocean and explore its depths for the lost wellspring of terrestrial civilization—Atlantis.”
The covered stone structures at Rock Lake, which feature pyramidal entombment hills of people who worked in Michigan’s Upper Peninsula’s copper mines between 3000 and 1200 BC, are noteworthy. According to Frank Joseph, Atlantean engineers were likely responsible for tunneling and confining the mines, and as a result, Atlantean workers’ remains can be found in at least some of the underwater burial chambers.